International Workshop “Capacity Building for Nuclear Industry: New Challenges in the Era of Globalization”
June 25 - June 26
The world’s growth in nuclear power capacity and application of nuclear technologies creates a continually expanding need for a global cadre of highly competent nuclear professionals with appropriate technical and managerial skills.
ROSATOM is the world’s leader in terms of the number of simultaneously implemented nuclear reactor construction projects (33 NPP Units in 12 countries and 7 units in Russia). The expansion of Russian nuclear technologies, VVER in particular, inevitably leads to the need of corresponding knowledge transfer and capacity building to support safe and secure development of nuclear power globally.
The International Workshop “Capacity Building for Nuclear Industry: New Challenges in the Era of Globalization” provides a platform for cooperation between a system of higher education and the industry from both recipient countries and the Russian Federation as a supplier country, with involvement of international and non-governmental organizations working in the field of nuclear industry and nuclear innovative projects, to foster knowledge and technology transfer and capacity building in support of development of ROSATOM international nuclear projects.
- The experience, needs and proposals for cooperation in nuclear education to support development of national nuclear infrastructure and implementation of nuclear projects (NPP, CNST*) in ROSATOM partner countries.
- ROSATOM integrated solution in the fields of human resources development and the export of nuclear education to partner countries.
- “Education through Research” activities and initiatives on university-industry collaboration in innovation and research.
- HRD needs of national nuclear programmes in partner countries and corresponding proposals by Russian educational organizations and industry.
- Development of joint educational programmes (including double-degree) with Russian educational organizations to support development of national nuclear infrastructure and nuclear projects (NPP, CNST) of partner countries.
- Challenges and prospects of public-private partnership in innovative reactor designs focusing on SMR, nuclear and other most advanced innovative projects and associated university programmes.
* Centers of Nuclear Science and Technology
- training module for representatives of educational organizations of partner countries on the creation of joint educational programs (including double-degree) in support of national nuclear projects
- technical tour to the First-in-the-World NPP, Obninsk
educational organizations from ROSATOM partner countries, ROSATOM core universities, organizations of partner countries involved in development of national systems of higher education, ROSATOM organizations involved in international projects and HRD in partner counties, international organizations, organizations interested in developing private-public partnership in the sphere of innovative reactor technologies, representatives of Nuclear Society of Russia and Kaluga region nuclear cluster.
Rosatom Technical Academy
(249031 Kurchatov str. 21, Obninsk, Russia)
Mr. Ilia FILIPEV
International Centre for Personnel Training
Tel: +7 (980) 712 35 50
Ms. Elena ZYNOVYEVA
International Project Management Department
Tel: +7 (484) 39-29-060