ISSR’2020 – International Summer School on Radiochemistry: Radioactive Waste Management
October 5 - October 14
The course will be held from 5 October to 14 October 2020* in Moscow, Russia.
ISSR’2020 is designed for a wide range of specialists from universities and institutes in partner countries of The State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM.
The program of the ISSR’2020 includes lectures on radiochemical analysis, radiation hazards of radioactive waste, methods of minimization and immobilization of radioactive waste, their storage and immobilization, regulatory aspects of radioactive waste managements. Lectures will be given by leading Russian and foreign scientists and specialists ISSR’2020 also includes seminars and face-to-face trainings on contemporary radiochemistry methods, experimental exercises as well as excursions to operating radioactive waste immobilization facility.
ISSR’2020 covers the following topics:
- Determination of radionuclide to characterize radioactive waste;
- Immobilization methods of radioactive waste;
- Radioactive waste management;
- Minimization of radioactive waste streams;
- Storage and disposal of radioactive waste.
The Course’s working language is English.
A limited number of grants have been allocated to support participants – 25.
The grant consists of a hotel (bed + breakfast) for the duration of the course and registration fee.
The grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
More information about ISSR’2020 you can find here, please →follow the link←.
Application deadline: 1st of June 2020
Dates: 5 October to 14 October 2020*
Duration: 72 academic hours
Venue: MSU, Faculty of Chemistry, 1, GSP-1, 1-3 Leninskiye Gory, Moscow, Russia
- Rosatom Tech – Natalia MATAEVA, NIMataeva@rosatomtech.ru
- MSU – Albina Kuznetsova, email@example.com
* course dates may change due to the pandemic situation