ISSR – International Summer School on Radiochemistry: Radioactive Waste Management
25.01.2021 - 03.02.2021
The school will be held from 25 January to 03 February 2021* in Moscow, Russia.
ISSR is designed for a wide range of specialists from universities and institutes in partner countries of The State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM.
The programme of the ISSR includes lectures on radiochemical analysis, radiation hazards of radioactive waste, methods of minimization and immobilization of radioactive waste, their storage and immobilization, regulatory aspects of radioactive waste management. Lectures will be given by leading Russian and foreign scientists and specialists ISSR’2020 also includes seminars and face-to-face training on contemporary radiochemistry methods, experimental exercises as well as excursions to operating radioactive waste immobilization facility.
ISSR covers the following topics:
- Determination of radionuclide to characterize radioactive waste;
- Immobilization methods of radioactive waste;
- Radioactive waste management;
- Minimization of radioactive waste streams;
- Storage and disposal of radioactive waste.
The Course’s working language is English.
A limited number of grants have been allocated to support participants – 25.
The grant consists of a hotel (bed + breakfast) for the duration of the course and registration fee.
More information about ISSR you can find here, please →follow the link←.
Application deadline: 1st of June 2020
Dates: 25 January to 03 February 2021*
Duration: 72 academic hours
Venue: MSU, Faculty of Chemistry, 1, GSP-1, 1-3 Leninskiye Gory, Moscow, Russia
- Rosatom Tech – Mr. Ilia FILIPEV, ISFilipyev@rosatomtech.ru
- MSU – Mr. Andrey PUTYATIN, email@example.com.
* course dates may change due to the pandemic situation