- This event has passed.
Research Reactors and Cyclotrons. Application, Infrastructure, Educational Programmes
November 18 - November 29
The purpose of the course is to help faculty members in enhancing their knowledge of technology and application of research reactors and cyclotrons for industrial and educational purposes and in developing of corresponding educational modules.
The course is aimed at professors, lecturers and researchers involved in initiation or development of nuclear curricula in universities of countries embarking on nuclear programmes, in particular, seeking to develop Centres of Nuclear Science and Technology with a research reactor and a cyclotron.
- Research Reactor and its Differences from the Power Reactor;
- Cyclotron Principal Design and Basic Principles of Operation;
- Modern Research Reactor and Cyclotron Technologies and Advancements;
- The Support of International Organizations to the Development of Radiation Technologies;
- Radiation Safety of Ionizing Radiation Sources;
- National Nuclear Infrastructure for Establishing a Centre for Nuclear Science and Technology;
- Research Reactor and Cyclotron Capabilities And Application. Investment in the Future;
- Methodology of the Use of a Research Reactor And a Cyclotron Training in Education Process;
- Facility Specific Training.
Mr. Vladimir GOLOVKOV
Main Workplace: Head of scientific laboratory «Radioactive Substances and Technologies» of Engineer School for Nuclear Technologies at Tomsk Polytechnic University.
Working Experience: more than 45 years, since 1973
Working Experience at Nuclear Industry Organizations: using of various accelerators (betatrons, electron synchrotron, cyclotron) in nuclear physics and applications;
Radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals production using cyclotron and research nuclear reactor.
Mr. Dmitry DOLMATOV
Main Workplace: Engineer at National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University.
Working Experience at Nuclear Industry Organizations (of nuclear power engineering, research reactor, medical radiation technology, agriculture and industry on Russian technology).
Mr. Mikhail KUZNETSOV
Main Workplace: Associate Professor at Tomsk Polytechnic University.
Working Experience: engineer at Petersburg Institute of Nuclear Physics/ Kola NPP.
Mr. Vladimir SADKIN
Main Workplace: Research Fellow at Tomsk Polytechnic University.
Additional (most important implemented projects, achievements):
-development of devices for obtaining technetium-99m (technetium generator-99m),
-development of radiopharmaceuticals
Mr. Andrey SEMENOV
Main Workplace: lecturer at Tomsk Polytechnic University.
Working Experience: engineer at Kola NPP organization.
Training Personnel Experience in the Nuclear Industry Area at Tomsk Polytechnic University
Course Name: Nuclear physics, Fundamentals of nuclear fuel cycle, Reactor kinetics
Mr. Dan VERIGIN
Main Workplace: senior lecturer at Tomsk Polytechnic University
Training Personnel Experience in the Nuclear Industry Area at Institute of oncology, Regional cancer center, Institute of cardiology, TPU
Course Name: Radiation safety and radiation control. Modern requirements to provide radiation safety in work in area of using atomic energy, Modern requirements to operate and work with radiation sources generating ionizing radiation
TPU’s School of Nuclear Science & Engineering operates:
- the IRT-T pool-type 6 MW research reactor;
- the R-7M (U-120) Cyclotron with beams energy up to 30 MeV for production of accelerated particles: p, d, He, He, C, N, O, Ar.
*The Faculty list can be changed.