RUSSIA-IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School for Young Professionals
September 3 - September 14
3-14 September 2018, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
The third Russia-IAEA Nuclear Energy Management School for Young Professionals is organized in the Russian Federation by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in cooperation with State Atomic Energy Corporation “Rosatom” through Rosatom Technical Academy (Rosatom Tech).
This two-week education & training event is a unique international educational experience aimed at building future leadership competencies essential to support nuclear infrastructure development in the countries embarking on or expanding national nuclear power programmes.
The School is oriented to young professionals with managerial potential from the IAEA Member States, particularly from newcomer countries, to provide them with broad understanding of key issues and challenges associated with peaceful uses of nuclear technology.
The unique features of the School in Russia are:
- Topics relevant to managing nuclear power programmes will be presented by leading IAEA, international and Russian experts with vast expertise in nuclear projects
- Project work and practical sessions will be organized during which participants will be expected to contribute by analyzing case studies, working on example problems and sharing their practices in the area of establishment/development of national nuclear programmes
- A special session “Leadership Development for Safety Culture” will provide group training to develop competences relevant for future leaders to assure safety culture development
- Participants will have hands-on experience in unique business simulator games specifically designed for nuclear industry
- Special technical tour programmes will be organized, including a visit to the Leningrad 2 Nuclear Power Plant
Participants will be selected based on an online pre-training course and a test.
The topics covered by the School will include Basic Principles of Nuclear Power Development, Leadership & Management in Nuclear Enterprise, Nuclear Safety, Security, Safeguards, Legislative and Regulatory Framework, Overview of Current Nuclear Reactor Design Options, Nuclear Fuel Cycle and Waste Management, Human Resource Development Challenges, Industrial Involvement and Localization of Construction, Public Acceptance, and Implementation of Nuclear Knowledge Management Programmes. Each topic is approached first in the form of keynote lectures delivered by IAEA, international and Russian experts and then further elaborated on involving all participants, practices and case studies.
Young professionals with managerial potential from the IAEA Member States, particularly from newcomer countries*
Target countries: Member States embarking on or expanding national nuclear power programmes
Executive School Director: Mr. Mikhail CHUDAKOV, IAEA
School Director: Mr. Vladimir ARTISIUK, Rosatom Tech
School Coordinator: Mr. Oszvald GLÖCKLER, IAEA
Local Organizer: Mr Ilia FILIPEV, Rosatom Tech (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information on the Nuclear Energy Management School Programme, please visit: https://www.iaea.org/topics/nuclear-knowledge-management
*Nominations should be submitted to the IAEA through official channels