International ROSATOM School on Nuclear Capacity Building
November 23 - December 4
A special 2-week intensive training to support newcomer countries in organizational and methodological aspects of nuclear capacity building and localization of nuclear education.
Due to the pandemic situation, the course will be held ONLINE starting from late November 2020. Exact dates to be published soon.
With the aim to provide a platform for cooperation between academia, industry, international and non-governmental organizations working on nuclear programmes and nuclear innovative projects, to foster knowledge share and transfer and nuclear capacity building Rosatom Technical Academy in 2017 initiated the first event in the series “Capacity Building for Nuclear Industry” (CBNI).
In these three years the CBNI gathered more than 200 participants from about 20 countries to share their experience, issues and best practices and to find solutions during group works and key lectures from top speakers from IAEA, OECD/NEA, WNU, ENEN, ROSATOM and other organizations.
Based on the positive feedback received from the participants, steady high interest among applicants and the experience in organizing IAEA international schools (NEM and NKM) Rosatom Tech takes it to the next level and transforms the event into a two-week training course “International ROSATOM School on Nuclear Capacity Building”.
The School is mainly aimed at countries embarking on nuclear programmes, and the target audience include faculty members and university management involved in initiation or development of nuclear curricula, instructors of training organizations, and representatives of organizations responsible for national HRD.
- to help participants expand their knowledge in the development and implementation of educational programs in nuclear field, the IAEA recommendations on HRD and establishing nuclear curricula, the methodology of a systematic approach to training (SAT), modern methods and approaches in teaching adults, and the issues of practical training in nuclear education;
- to hold a discussion on world practices and issues in the field of human capacity building, HRD, nuclear education and personnel training, interaction between the state, university and industry for the development of a sustainable educational system, the role of educational organizations in social acceptability of nuclear technologies.
- Development of a sustainable nuclear education and training system in a newcomer country, state-university-industry interaction
- Localization of nuclear education and possibilities of a vendor support
- The experience of Russian universities in development of nuclear educational programmes
- Establishment of nuclear curricula from scratch
- Recommendations and support of international organizations on HRD and nuclear education and training
- The role of educational organizations in public acceptance in newcomer countries
- Methodology of the system approach to training (SAT)
- Adult education and lecturer/instructor competencies
- Issues of practical training in nuclear education and how to utilize the existing nuclear facilities in building national capacity
- Modern techniques and approaches in nuclear education
The Course’s working language is English.
A limited number of grants have been allocated to support participants – 20. The grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
To apply please contact the participant coordinator Ms. Alexandra PUGACH AVPugach@rosatomtech.ru
Dates: The course will be held ONLINE starting from late November 2020. Exact dates to be published soon.*
Duration: 72 academic hours
Venue: The course will be held ONLINE starting from late November 2020. Exact dates to be published soon.
- Rosatom Tech – Mr. Ilia FILIPEV, ISFilipyev@rosatomtech.ru
* course dates may change due to the pandemic situation