Training course “Medical Applications of Nuclear and Radiation Technologies and Related Educational Programmes
July 19 - July 30
The course “Medical applications of nuclear and radiation technologies and related educational programmes“ will be organized for university faculty members, medical specialists, and students of universities of countries that are entering the path of using nuclear technologies. This training course is focused on fundamental and practical applications of nuclear and radiation technologies in the diagnostics, treatment, prevention of diseases in humans, and the development of educational programmes to support national centers of high-tech medicine.
The course programme includes lectures on the production of radioisotopes, technologies for the synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals, the use of radiopharmaceuticals in the diagnostics and treatment of cancer, technologies for diagnostic imaging and radiation therapy of tumors. A special part of the training will be devoted to the establishment of educational programmes in universities supporting the development of national centers of high-tech medicine, with the involvement of experts from Lomonosov Moscow State University and National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
The practical part of the programme includes technical tours to one of the largest cancer treatment centers in Russia – A. Tsyb Medical Radiological Research Centre, nuclear and radiochemical enterprises of Obninsk city working for the medical field, and the Obninsk campus of the National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
- General issues of the medical application of nuclear and radiation technologies;
- The state and prospects of nuclear medicine development;
- Application of nuclear and radiation technologies in radiation therapy of tumors;
- Application of nuclear technologies for in vitro diagnostic methods;
- Development of educational programmes for national centers of high-tech medicine.
The Course’s working language is English.
The application is closed. For all inquiries please contact the participant coordinator Ms. Natalia MATAEVA by NIMataeva@rosatomtech.ru
Dates: 19-30 July 2021
Duration: 72 academic hours
Venue: Rosatom Technical Academy, Obninsk, Russia
- Rosatom Tech – Mr. Ilia FILIPEV, ISFilipyev@rosatomtech.ru
* course dates may change due to the pandemic situation