Training course “Medical Applications of Nuclear Technologies and Related Educational Programmes
December 7 - December 18
Due to the pandemic situation, the course will be held ONLINE starting from the beginning of December 2020. Exact dates to be published soon.
The course “Medical applications of nuclear technologies and related educational programmes“ will be organized for medical specialists, teachers, and students of various specialties of institutes and universities of countries that are entering the path of using nuclear technologies. This training course is organized by the Rosatom Technical Academy for the first time and will be the first one in a series of events on fundamental and practical applications of nuclear and radiation technologies in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases in humans.
The course programme includes lectures on the production of radioisotopes, technologies for the synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals based on them, the use of radiopharmaceuticals in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, technologies for diagnostic imaging and radiation therapy of tumors, the formation of educational programmes for academic and postgraduate education of specialists in radiation technologies for medicine.
The course programme includes technical tours to the largest cancer center in Russia, nuclear-physical and radiochemical enterprises that develop programmes for the use of nuclear and radiation technologies for medicine.
- General issues of the medical application of nuclear and radiation technologies;
- The state and prospects of nuclear medicine development;
- Application of nuclear and radiation technologies in radiation therapy of tumors;
- Application of nuclear technologies for in vitro diagnostic methods;
- Educational programmes at the academic and postgraduate levels of training for centers of high-tech medicine in Russia and other countries.
The Course’s working language is English.
A limited number of grants have been allocated to support participants – 15. The grants are awarded on a competitive basis».
To apply please contact the participant coordinator Ms. Alexandra PUGACH AVPugach@rosatomtech.ru
Dates: The course will be held ONLINE starting from the beginning of December 2020. Exact dates to be published soon.*
Duration: 72 academic hours
Venue: The course will be held ONLINE starting from the beginning of December 2020. Exact dates to be published soon.
- Rosatom Tech – Mr. Ilia FILIPEV, ISFilipyev@rosatomtech.ru
* course dates may change due to the pandemic situation