Training course “Research Reactors and Cyclotrons. Application, Infrastructure, Educational Programmes”
17.05.2021 - 28.05.2021
- Training course “Research Reactors and Cyclotrons. Application, Infrastructure, Educational Programmes”
The course will be held from 17 to 28 May 2021* in Tomsk, Russia.
The course is aimed at professors, lecturers, and researchers involved in the initiation or development of nuclear curricula in universities of countries embarking on nuclear programmes, in particular, seeking to develop Centres of Nuclear Science and Technology with a research reactor and a cyclotron.
- Research Reactor and its Differences from the Power Reactor;
- Cyclotron Principal Design and Basic Principles of Operation;
- Modern Research Reactor and Cyclotron Technologies and Advancements;
- The Support of International Organizations to the Development of Radiation Technologies;
- Radiation Safety of Ionizing Radiation Sources;
- National Nuclear Infrastructure for Establishing a Centre for Nuclear Science and Technology;
- Research Reactor and Cyclotron Capabilities and Application. Investment in the Future;
- Methodology of the Use of a Research Reactor and a Cyclotron Training in Education Process;
- Facility Specific Training.
The Course’s working language is English.
A limited number of grants have been allocated to support participants – 15.
The grant consists of an economy-class flight ticket to the course venue and back and a hotel (bed + breakfast) for the duration of the course. The grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
To apply please contact the participant coordinator Ms. Alexandra PUGACH AVPugach@rosatomtech.ru
Application deadline: 1st of June 2020
Dates: 17-28 May 2021*
Duration: 72 academic hours
Venue: Tomsk Polytechnic University, 30 Lenin Av., Tomsk, Russia
- Rosatom Tech – Mr. Ilia FILIPEV, ISFilipyev@rosatomtech.ru
- TPU – Dr. Vera VERKHOTUROVA, email@example.com
* course dates may change due to the pandemic situation