The project FP7 ENEN-RU II “Strengthening of Cooperation and Exchange for Nuclear Education and Training between the European Union and the Russian Federation” was recently started jointly with European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN) in compliance with Agreement for cooperation between the European Atomic Energy Community and the Government of the Russian Federation in the field of nuclear safety dated October 03, 2001 and pursuant to the decisions of the Rosatom Working group on Scientific and Technological Cooperation.
As the first step in realization of the ENEN-RU II project the kickoff meeting was held at ROSATOM-CICE&T September 29-30.
Based on the achievements of the FP7 ENEN-RU project (http://rosatomtech.com/?p=423, http://rosatomtech.com/?p=391), the FP7 ENEN-RU II project will further develop the framework of cooperation between the EU and the Russian Federation in terms of Nuclear Education and Training. It includes further analysis of short-term and long-term cooperation, definition of opportunities and barriers for cooperation, and further carrying out mutual educational and training sessions during the project.
Representatives of the following EC and Russian organizations participated in the meeting.
- European Commission
- European Nuclear Education Network Association (ENEN)
- Belgian Nuclear Research Centre (SCK-CEN), Belgium
- Ceske Vysoke Uceni Techniske V Praze (CTU), Czech Republic
- Centrum Vyzkumu Rez S.R.O(CV REZ), Czech Republic
- Universität Stuttgart (IKE), Germany
- Technische Universitaet Muenchen (TUM), Germany
- Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale per la Ricerca Tecnologica Nucleare (CIRTEN), Italy
- Università di Pisa, Italy
- University Politehnica Bucharest (UPB), Romania
- Slovenska Techniska Univerzita v Bratislave (STUB), Slovakia
- University of Manchester (UM), United Kingdom
- State Atomic Energy Corporation “Rosatom”
- Consortium of ROSATOM Core Universities
- National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI” (NRNU MEPhI)
- Obninsk INPE NRNU MEPhI
- Rosatom Central Institute for Continuing Education and Training (ROSATOM-CICE&T)
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise “State Scientific Centre of the Russian Federation – Institute for Physics and Power Engineering named after A. I. Leypunsky” (FSUE “SSC RF – IPPE”).
On September 30th the participants joined the annual exhibition “VUZPROMEXPO-2014” This is the main forum in Russian Federation to advertise the advantages of national science as the basis of industrialization. The exhibition is organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation. As a part of the expo a special section was initiated for presentation of the ENEN-RU II project to the public. During the event responsible persons (Mr. Porras from the ENEN side and Prof. Artisiuk from the Russian side) presented minutes of the kickoff meeting.
As a result both sides identified priorities and cooperation perspectives for each Working package and the following general topics were accentuated:
- Russian side accentuated the cooperation in the area of research reactors as a focus of cooperation in ENEN-RU II project;
- European side accentuated the importance of the activities in the area of “safety culture” and training for innovative nuclear energy systems – GEN-IV
As a cultural and social experience a special tour to The First-in-the-World NPP (Obninsk) was organized for the international participants of the ENEN-RU II kickoff meeting. Together with accompanying person from Rosatom-CICE&T they discovered the NPP museum and the history of the Russian nuclear industry establishment.