On June 20th, 2017 during the IX International Forum “ATOMEXPO-2017” ROSATOM-CICE&T and the European Nuclear Education Network Association (ENEN) signed a Memorandum of Understanding renewing the successful cooperation between organizations, which began in 2010.
The MoU was signed by the President of ENEN Prof. Leon Cizelj and the Rector of ROSATOM-CICE&T Dr. Iurii Seleznev.
The main framework for the cooperation is set by ENEN-RU projects aimed at harmonization of education and training (E&T) offers between Russian and European E&T providers as well as between the Russian Federation and EU countries-recipients of Russian nuclear technologies. The first project, ENEN-RU I, was successfully implemented during 2011-2013. At present the second project, namely “Strengthening of Cooperation and Exchange for Nuclear Education and Training between the European Union and the Russian Federation, ENEN-RU II” (started in 2014) is at its final stage of realization.
The final meeting of the ENEN-RU II project was held on June 21st during the ATOMEXPO-2017. The participants shared results of the project implementation and discussed plans for further cooperation between organizations of Russian Federation and European Union in the field of nuclear education, training and research. Realization of the ENEN-RU III is planned to start in 2018 in the framework of the Eight EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “HORIZON 2020”. It is proposed that a content of the third project will be extended to include also a research in the nuclear field.
Under the ENEN-RU II project in 2016-2017 ROSATOM-CICE&T and the Association hold several events:
- Through participation in the ENEN-RU projects ROSATOM-CICE&T has entered into bilateral cooperation with Spanish training provider TECNATOM (ENEN member). During the ATOMEXPO-2016 the organizations signed a trilateral MoU together with JSC Rusatom Service, may 30th, 2016.
- Training course “The safety issues of VVER-type reactors with nuclear fuel based on reprocessed uranium” for European trainees, June 27 – July 01, 2016, St. Petersburg branch of ROSATOM-CICE&T.
- ENEN-RU II 2nd Project and Forum meeting, June 27-28, 2016, St. Petersburg branch of ROSATOM-CICE&T.
- Joint training course “Safety culture management: methodology and practice” in the framework of the 5th International School on Safety Culture, October 3-7, 2016, St. Petersburg branch of ROSATOM-CICE&T.
- Workshop “Systematic Approach to Training Methodology” for Russian participants, October 10-14, 2016, TECNATOM, Spain.
- Training course “Simulation of different NPPs operation” for Russian participants, May 29 – 02 June, 2017, CTU, Czech Republic.
The European Nuclear Education Network Association (ENEN) is a non-profit international organization under French Law of 1901, aiming at the preservation and further development of higher nuclear education and expertise through the co-operation between universities, research organizations, regulatory bodies, the industry and any other organizations involved in the application of nuclear science and ionizing radiation.
The ROSATOM CENTRAL INSTITUTE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION AND TRAINING (ROSATOM-CICE&T) is a leading educational center for training and professional development of managers and specialists of ROSATOM organizations and foreign organizations under ROSATOM international projects. The mission of the ROSATOM-CICE&T is to raise professionalism and competency of nuclear workers to ensure safe sustainable development of the nuclear industry and competitiveness in world market of nuclear technologies.
The ENEN-RU project was initiated by Euratom in 2008 through a sub-group 5 (Education and Training) of the Euratom-ROSATOM Working Group on cooperation in nuclear fission research. During realization of the first project two training courses were organized: “Engineering aspects of nuclear fuel fabrication” – ROSATOM-CICE&T, Russia, May 20-26, 2012 (for European students); “Experimental reactor physics” – CTU, Czech Republic, October 1-5, 2012 (for Russian young specialists). The ENEN-RU received high marks from the European Commission and the project was recommended for prolongation in the format of ENEN-RU II.