09-13 July, 2018, St. Petersburg, Russia
Nuclear organizations around the world aim at sustaining and improving safety. However there is a difference in how organizations understand the concept of safety culture and actions that can help to enhance it.
The VII International Summer School on Safety Culture is meant to help the participants to understand the concept of safety culture and how the IAEA can assist Member States in their efforts to strengthen safety culture. Particular attention is paid to leadership in the field of safety and safety culture as well as case studies on management for safety.
- to overview the approaches for building up and maintaining a long-term commitment to safety culture throughout the nuclear sector and its personnel;
- to involve middle managers and specialists of enterprises and organizations within the nuclear industry in ensuring adherence to safety practices;
- to introduce Rosatom’s approach to organization of safety management;
- to provide a platform to facilitate the exchange ideas, best practices and expertise in the field of safety management; leadership and methodologies for safety management
A notable feature of the VII International Summer School on Safety Culture will be a training module titled “Leadership and Management Practices for Fostering Safety Culture” conducted by the IAEA experts.
Upon completion of the Summer School on Safety Culture the book of abstracts will be published in both Russian and English.
Topics for Discussion:
- Management for safety;
- Leadership for safety;
- International practices in management for safety and leadership for safety;
- Assessment methods for leadership for safety and safety culture;
- Building and maintaining a long-term commitment to safety culture throughout the nuclear sector and its personnel.
middle managers and specialists of enterprises and organizations within the nuclear industry
Rosatom Technical Academy
(4 Aerodromnaya Street, Building A, 197348 St. Petersburg, Russia)
Mr Sergei ADAMCHIK, Rosatom
Mr Gustavo Caruso, IAEA
Ms Helen Rycraft, IAEA
Mr Vladimir ARTISIUK, Rosatom Tech
Mr Fedor APARKIN, Rosatom
Mr Dmitry SIMONOV, Rosatom Tech
Ms Marina LABYNTSEVA, Rosatom Tech
Ms Elena CHERNETSKAYA, Rosatom Tech