3-4 April 2012, CICET in cooperation with Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant JSC organized a short term training course “Introduction into Russian Nuclear Power Technology” for the group of Turkish managers and specialists from Turkish Atomic Energy Agency, Turkish Electricity Trade&Contracting Corporation and Energy Market Regulatory Authority.
The course included the number of lectures delivered by leading Russian experts on the topics reflecting all the stages of NPP life cycle:
- Nuclear power in Russia (Prof.Artisyuk, CICET)
- Evolution of VVER Technology (Dr. Bykov, Head of Department, OKB “GIDROPRESS”)
- Basic design solutions for AES-2006 Project (Mr. N.Kudryakov, ATOMENERGOPOJECT, S-Peterburg)
- Specifics of NPP Construction Management (Prof. Fedorov, CICET)
- NPP Staff Qualification &Competences (Mr. Bogomolov, CICET)
- Intercultural communication specifics in the field of nuclear industry (Dr.Volkov)
- Management NPP maintenance (Mr. Minaev, Director of JSC ATOMENERGOREMONT)
- NPP decommissioning (Mr.Bakhturin, CICET).
It is the matter of fact, that despite of BOO (Build-Own-Operate) mode of the Akkuyu NPP, the level of localization, i.e. involvement of local contactors is expected to be rather essential. The main objective of this course was to identify the lines and topics for the future cooperation between Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant JSC and CICET in the field of HRD for emerging nuclear power program for Republic of Turkey. Trainees visited the memorial historical complex First-in-the-World-Nuclear-Plant located in Obninsk which is internationally recognized as the cradle of civil nuclear power technology.