- This event has passed.
VIII International School on Anticipating Challenges for Accident Tolerant Fuels (ATFs) and Small Modular Reactor (SMRs) Fuel Cycles
28.09.2020 - 02.10.2020
The School is focused on specific features of Anticipating Challenges for Accident Tolerant Fuels and Small Modular Reactor Fuel Cycles and oriented to young professionals with managerial potential from the IAEA Member States to provide them with a comprehensive understanding of key issues and challenges associated with SMR SNF and spent nuclear accident tolerant fuel.
- Activities of the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom: current state, challenges, prospects, and projects;
- Trends in Spent Fuel Management Worldwide. On-going IAEA Activities to Addressed Related Challenges;
- SMR projects and types of SMRs fuel;
- The issues of SNF management of SMRs: storage, transportation, reprocessing, disposal;
- The issues of spent nuclear accident tolerant fuels management: storage, transportation, reprocessing, disposal;
- The problems and challenges for management of SNF from SMRs and spent ATFs